Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feed My Sheep

Start caring about someone.


John 21:17,19  A third time He asked him, "Simon son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, "Lord, You know everything. You know that I love You."

Jesus said, "Then feed My sheep," then Jesus told him, "Follow Me."

What was Jesus plan to change the world? Care for people. Sounds way too simple, how could caring for people have any great impact on our world?

The power of a touch, a kind word or the smallest act of kindness all have the potential to turn a life around and that is what Jesus is all about, he always showed compassion for others. Whether he was caring for his disciples that were stuck in a vicious storm, or if he was healing someone, or if he was feeding the crowds that had been following him without any food.

Jesus plan was to get people to start caring, he cared and then he told somebody else to care and then they cared for somebody and so on, until now it is my turn to keep it going. My mission is to care for people where I am, in the workplace, my neighborhood, the grocery store or where ever. How else could I fulfill the second greatest command and love my neighbor?

Luke 10:36-37  “Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?” Jesus asked. The man replied, “The one who showed him mercy.” Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same.”

Help me Lord to be more like you through caring, help me to see people through your eyes so that I will be aware of people that need somebody to care