Friday, January 15, 2010

A Speck In Creation

Who are we that he cares for us?



Psalms 8:1-9 O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens.

2 You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength, silencing your enemies and all who oppose you.

3 When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you set in place, 4 what are mere mortals that you should think about them,
human beings that you should care for them?

5 Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor.

6 You gave them charge of everything you made, putting all things under their authority - 7 the flocks and the herds and all the wild animals, 8 the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, and everything that swims the ocean currents.

9 O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!

He made the galaxies with all their splendor and yet he is still mindful of the tiny little speck that is me. You made me just below the heavenly beings and put me in charge of your creation.

Hebrews 2:9-10  What we do see is Jesus, who was given a position “a little lower than the angels”; and because he suffered death for us, he is now “crowned with glory and honor.” Yes, by God’s grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone. 

Jesus became like me so that I can spend eternity with him in heaven, he rose from the dead, I will to, he is in glory and I will be there to. I must not forget how small a part of creation that I am and still remember how important I am to my creator.

Lord, I am so undeserving of your thoughtfulness toward me. Thank you for giving me value far beyond the rest of your awesome creation.