Friday, January 29, 2010

No Wonder I Am Happy!

Do you need a reason to get happy? 


Psalms 16:8-11 I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

Sometimes David forgot about what he wrote in this Psalm but for the most part he knew that he had a tremendous reason to be happy.

David had a rough life and yet he didn't let his circumstances get the best of him. Despite being hunted down and having his life threatened he could rejoice, he knew that God was right there with him and as Jesus was raised from the dead so it will happen for David and for all of those that know God's "holy one" namely Jesus Christ.

No matter how bad the circumstances, ultimately we win, no matter what is going on God is right there by our side. The knowledge of his presence with each of now and the fact that we will always live with him for eternity should make a difference in our attitude. Does it really sink into our heads how wonderful that it is to experience a relationship with our creator the great God of the universe is right here with me for any struggle that I am going through?

I need to remember how good I have it, what could be better than to have a relationship with my creator and to know that this life is only a temporary assignment.

Lord Jesus thank you for "granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever." I need to live each day with this in mind so that I can keep my joy no matter how things are going for me.