Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do I Care?

We say that we care but we don't prove it very much.


Matthew 9:36-38  When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

He said to his disciples, "The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into His fields"

Jesus has been bombarded with hurting people everywhere that he has gone, over and over again the crowds would press him for what they believed that he could do for them, each and every one of them was a victim of a religious system that was harsh and unloving. Jesus couldn't stomach the burdens that the religious system had placed on his people, his emotions rose to the surface as he saw the hurting crowds.

What bothered Jesus was the helplessness of his flock, they were in a desperate situation trying to work their way to heaven by obeying the hundreds of rules that the system was telling them that they had to abide by.

Do I have "Jesus cam"? Am I bothered by the things that bother Jesus? Do I see the world the way Jesus sees the world? Jesus saw hurting people needing a Savior, needing love and peace, he saw the urgency of their situation. How urgent do I see the need to get the good news out to all these wondering sheep?
How can Christians proclaim a message of urgency while living a lifestyle of complacency? - Henry Blackaby
There is so much to be done, I must be willing to see the world through the eyes of Christ, see the needs around me and be willing to get to work to save some lost sheep.

Help us Lord to get the urgency of the situation and allow it to affect the way that we live. I pray that I will be found faithful to the work of making disciples.