Sunday, August 25, 2013

Walk Worthy

Does my walk show the world that I appreciate God's blessings? 


Walk Worthy

Ephesians 4:1  I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called.

The first three chapters of Ephesians are full of truth about our resources, riches, and the things God has done for us. It is amazing to read through the beginning of Ephesians with a highlighter to mark all of the incredible things that God has done for us.

From chapter four until the end of the book in chapter six Paul tells his readers that because of the amazing things that have been done we need to walk worthy! We need to live up to the high calling that God has placed on our lives.

You know how the media loves a story of somebody that is royalty that has embarrassed their family and their position. They are not their own person in Paul makes it clear that we need to walk a different walk and live up to our position in Christ. Paul teaches this in many of his letters and he doesn't just ask us to live worthy of our position, it's not just a good idea or a suggestion, he is actually begging us.

Listen to Paul's message in some of his other letters, "I plead with you to give your bodies to God, I urge you to imitate me, we plead, 'Come back to God!' and again he says "We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you"

There needs to be perfect harmony between who I am and how I live, if I do not walk worthy then God is not being glorified in my life, in fact instead of being glorified he is being torn down. Other people cannot believe that he did incredible things for me if what he did for me doesn't have an effect on how I live.
Look what He's done for me!
✔  Blessed us with all spiritual blessing
✔  Chose us before the foundation of the world
✔  Made us to be holy, to be blameless
✔  Predestined us
✔  Adopted us to praise him
✔  Given us redemption and forgiveness
✔  Made known to us the mystery of His will
✔  Give us an inheritance
✔  Granted to us the Holy Spirit
✔  Given us resurrection power
Thank you for for all of the amazing things that you have done for me. I pray that my life will show how much I appreciate the gift of salvation and the many blessings that you bestow on your children.