Monday, February 28, 2011

Love God Completely - 40 Days Of Love

I need to give him all of my love.


Mark 12:29  Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength.

Jesus was very clear about how much we are supposed to love God, he told us to love God with everything that we have, every part of our being.

What a difficult concept for us to understand since we hardly ever love with great sacrifice and completely without any selfishness.

We are to love him with a heart felt emotional love. Don't be afraid to love God passionately, King David was very passionate about his love for God, but don't forget that it isn't all about emotions either.

We are also supposed to love him with all our soul, a love that decides to continue loving even when we don't feel like it. It is a love that keeps on going even when we feel that we have not been treated fairly, remember that God is good and deserves your love no matter what happens to you.

I need to love God with my thoughts, my thoughts should be God's thoughts, I should be focused on what is "true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable." (Phil 4:8)

Loving God with all my strength is where love becomes a verb. My love for God will affect how I live, the way that I interact with the world around me and it will show God's love to people that need to know real love.

I love you Lord with everything that I have, help me to show your love in the way that I treat the people around me.