Thursday, December 09, 2010

Journey To Bethlehem - At The Right Time

Jesus always was, but at the right time he left heaven for me.


Galatians 4:4-7  But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.

Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

The time for Jesus to come to earth was finally here, it had been thousands of years since the entrance of sin into the world with all of its suffering, why were those thousands of dark and gloomy years allowed to roll on, and the world suffer deeper and deeper in ignorance and sin?

God's timing is usually not as quick as we want it to be, we will never fully understand why Jesus didn't come sooner and give us the benefit of atonement right after the fall? Why did God wait to send his son?

God probably had much higher reasons for what he did but from a human being's point of view, maybe we should consider the following logical arguments for why the time was right:
  • It was just the time when all the prophecies centered in him, and when there could be no doubt about their fulfillment. It was important that such an event should be predicted in order that there might be full evidence that he came from heaven.
  • The world had plenty of time to see its need of a Saviour, and that all of our attempts to improve our condition had failed.
  • Greek had become the common language of the world, or as least was spoken and understood, among a considerable portion of the nations of the earth. At no period before had there been so extensive use of the same language by so many people.
God's timing doesn't always satisfy my schedule, I am in a hurry, I don't see everything from the perspective of almighty God. I have to remember that even when it seems that he doesn't care about my situation, he does care and he is willing to go the extra mile to prove it.

2 Corinthians 6:2 For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation.

Lord Jesus, thank you for all you’ve done in my life, for saving me and giving me hope, help me to wait on your timing.