Thursday, November 11, 2010

Receive The Gift of Power

Are you feeling a little puny?


 Luke 24:49  "And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as My Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven."

Acts 1:8  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.

And you will be My witnesses, telling people about Me everywhere--in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Those of us that know the Lord have an awesome source of power that we need to be sure doesn't come unplugged.

The Holy Spirit takes care of us directly and he gifts us gifts so that we can do things that we couldn't have imagined doing. (1Cor 12:11). Check out what he does for us:
  • He is our Advocate that will always be with us (John 14:16).
  • He will be there to lead us into truth, he will teach us and he will remind us of the things that Jesus already taught us (John 14:26).
 It was not intended for me to follow Jesus commands without any help. I need to be sure that I am as powerful as I can be by staying in the word each day and praying for God's direction in every detail of my life.

You might like to read: Commands of Jesus blog series.