Saturday, October 16, 2010

Take, Eat And Drink

Remember the sacrifice


 Luke 22:13-20  They went off to the city and found everything just as Jesus had said, and they prepared the Passover meal there.

14  When the time came, Jesus and the apostles sat down together at the table.  15  Jesus said, "I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you before My suffering begins.  16  For I tell you now that I won't eat this meal again until its meaning is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God."

17  Then He took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. Then He said, "Take this and share it among yourselves.  18  For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come."

19  He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "This is My body, which is given for you. Do this to remember Me."

20  After supper He took another cup of wine and said, "This cup is the new covenant between God and His people, an agreement confirmed with My blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you.

God is about to put the seal on a new covenant with his people, the final sacrifice for sins was about to be made once and for all, the rest of Jerusalem is killing animals as they make preparations for just another passover. The rest of Jerusalem didn't have any idea that they didn't need to prepare their lambs for sacrifice, THE Lamb was already prepared.

Jesus told his followers to commemorate this event by participating in the Lord's Supper, keep it fresh in your memory so that you can consider what was done for you because if we do not   then it will appear that we don't really appreciate the sacrifice.

May I always keep the sacrifice that Jesus made for me constantly in my thoughts, help me Lord to always show the greatest amount of gratitude.

You might like to read: Commands of Jesus blog series.