Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jesus Disciples Are Servants

Just like their Savior


Matthew 20:26-28  But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant,  27  and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.  28  For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give His life as a ransom for many."

Matthew 25:34-36 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.

35 For I was hungry, and you fed Me. I was thirsty, and you gave Me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited Me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave Me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for Me. I was in prison, and you visited Me.'

How come the only time that somebody needs help is when its inconvenient? Can't they pick a better time to need help?

Serving is hard because the main sacrifice that you have to make is to give up some of your time or some of your pride. Either the chore is something that you don't want to be seen doing or it's something that is going to cut into your schedule. Jesus and his disciples didn't have a daily calender and there wasn't any place that Jesus wouldn't go. 

I need to serve sacrificially until somebody ask why I am doing it so that I can share about the one that gave himself for me.

Thank you Lord for your sacrifice. Help me to let go of pride and make room in my schedule to follow your example and become a servant.