Monday, January 18, 2010

Thank God For Those Blessings

We should never take God's blessings in our life for granted.


Genesis 28:15 What's more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you."

Genesis 28:20-22 Then Jacob made this vow: "If God will indeed be with me and protect me on this journey, and if He will provide me with food and clothing, 21 and if I return safely to my father's home, then the LORD will certainly be my God. 22 And this memorial pillar I have set up will become a place for worshiping God, and I will present to God a tenth of everything He gives me."

Genesis 35:1-3 Then God said to Jacob, "Get ready and move to Bethel and settle there. Build an altar there to the God who appeared to you when you fled from your brother, Esau." 2 So Jacob told everyone in his household, "Get rid of all your pagan idols, purify yourselves, and put on clean clothing. 3 We are now going to Bethel, where I will build an altar to the God who answered my prayers when I was in distress. He has been with me wherever I have gone."

Jacob was on the run after tricking his brother, he was scared and his mom told him that he needed to get out of town. In the midst of Jacob's fear God shows up with a message of protection and a promise of prosperity. God told Jacob that he would be a part of the covenant that he had made with Abraham and Isaac. Even though Jacob had the promise from God he still has his doubts and worried about God's protection.

But no matter the situation God was still there living up to his end of the promise that he had made, Jacob was very successful and had great wealth, he even faced his brother and repaired that relationship. Now it was time for Jacob to live up to his vows and go back to Bethel to worship God.

I need to be careful to always be aware of the source of every blessing that I have, thank you Lord for my faith, my family and for financial blessings that you have given to me.