Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Peace On Earth, Good Will To Men

Is there really any peace?



I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play
And mild and sweet their songs repeat
Of peace on earth good will to men

And in despair I bowed my head
There is no peace on earth I said
For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men

Then rang the bells more loud and deep
God is not dead, nor doth He sleep
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men

Peace on earth, Peace on earth
Peace on earth, Good will to men

It is easy to look at the events in the news and decide that peace is nothing but a dream. The idea of peace gets even worse at Christmas when many people are stressed and they let there worse character qualities come out.
John 14:27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
Jesus warned us that there would be unrest and difficult times before he returns to take us home. It will take a conscious decision on my part to trust in him when everything around me is so unsettled.

I am responsible to live a peaceful life that is full of love for everyone. I need to influence my piece of the world and make it a better place. (John 16:33, Romans 12:18, Hebrews 12:14)