Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Am A New Creation

But there are changes that are still on the way.


Galatians 6:14-16 As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died.

15 It doesn't matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation.

16 May God’s peace and mercy be upon all who live by this principle; they are the new people of God

There isn't any room in God's kingdom for a self-made man, a man that did it his way will be anxious to tell you how well he has done at overcoming obstacles and how great he is at making things happen, there is usually a lot of pride in that man's life.

The Apostle Paul was a self-made man, he had a lot of book learning, he had some great teachers and he had people that had great power that gave him the authority to go after Jesus followers and have them imprisoned or killed. We look at Paul and think that he is a big deal, look at everything that he did for the church and God's kingdom, before his conversion to Christianity Paul may have joined you in patting himself on the back, but not after the message of Jesus got through to him.

God's people are not marked by circumcision anymore, they are supposed to be marked by a new life, they should be a new creation, their world view is different, their way of thinking has changed. Is your life new, is it driven by new desires? (2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 12:1-2, 1 Peter 1:14-15)


God's people should be different.

Deuteronomy 18:12-13 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD. It is because the other nations have done these detestable things that the LORD your God will drive them out ahead of you. But you must be blameless before the LORD your God.
There is an unseen battle going on every minute of everyday, God is looking for people that are set apart, people that will see past the lies of the devil and live a better life. Our sin nature is pulling us in one direction and the Holy Spirit is wanting us to go the other way.

I am making progress but I am still a construction project that isn't finished yet, I have a bright future in glory, that's where I will finally find my rest from the battle between good and evil, the future glory of God's people when we finally become all that we were met to be.

I need to use the power of the Holy Spirit in my life so that I can overcome the devil's evil schemes that come against me to trip me up, I need the Holy Spirit to work in me to give me the strength and the discernment to make the right decisions in my daily walk.
Luke 12:31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need. 
Help me Lord to rely on you and to rely on the power that you give through the Holy Spirit so that I can become more like you.