Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Obedience Brings Blessings

Doing what Jesus says has it's benefits.


Luke 11:27-28  As He was saying these things, a woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “The womb that bore You and the one who nursed You are blessed!”

28 He said, “Even more, those who hear the word of God and keep it are blessed!”

Luke 8:21 But He replied to them, “My mother and My brothers are those who hear and do the word of God.”

John 13:17  If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them. 

Wouldn't it be great if you could guarantee that your life will be full of blessings? Well you can. There is a lifestyle that you can adopt that will insure that blessings will come your way.

Jesus gave us this equation, "obedience=blessings." He told us that if we hear the Word of God and do it then our lives will be blessed by it. It makes perfect sense, if you are pleasing somebody wouldn't they be more likely to want to do good things for you, it's the same way with God.

Doing what he says will bring blessings to us but that isn't our real goal, our obedience isn't a way to gain favor with God and get bonus points, nor is it a way to get God to love us more. Don't think that it is a means to obtain an easy life, it may be the exact opposite, your life could be much harder because of obedience. Our motivation for obedience isn't for earthly gain, instead it should be that we want to get to know God better and it should help me move a step closer to becoming more like him.

I need to become more like Christ everyday, my obedience will help me to be more like him and it will bring blessings into my life that will prove that I am in his family.

Thank you Lord for all of the blessings that you have given to me.