Friday, April 08, 2011

The Lord Will Provide - Lenten Bible Readings

He always comes through for his people.


Genesis 22:1-2, 7-8   Some time later, God tested Abraham’s faith. “Abraham!” God called. “Yes,” he replied. “Here I am.” 2 “Take your son, your only son, yes, Isaac, whom you love so much, and go to the land of Moriah. Go and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will show you.”

7 Isaac turned to Abraham and said, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied. “We have the fire and the wood,” the boy said, “but where is the sheep for the burnt offering?” 8 “God will provide a sheep for the burnt offering, my son,” Abraham answered.

Abraham and his son left home not really sure what was going on, Sarah isn't mentioned in the story but I bet that she was just as puzzled about the situation. Perhaps the servants that went along wondered why they were not tending to an animal along the way. Everybody must have been wondering the same thing that Isaac was when he asked his dad where the sacrifice was.

Just like all of the people surrounding this story, we look around sometimes and wonder when in the world will a break through come our way. God shows us over and over again that he is in the business of providing. This Easter season I am reminded that God reached down and met my greatest need just because he wanted to and he does it in his timing.

Philippians 4:19  And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Thank you Lord for providing for all of my needs, help me to rely on you for everything that I need.