Monday, December 13, 2010

Journey To Bethlehem - With Great Rejoicing

The greatest gift has been offered to us.


Luke 1:39–45  At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40  where she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth.

41  When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

42  In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43  But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44  As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"

Christmas should be an exciting time, actually it should be the most exciting time of the year, think about it,my creator did for me what I could never do on my own. He gave up everything for me!

Heaven did without Jesus for thirty-three years while he was here with us, taking part in our world, becoming fully aware of what it is like to be human so that he could sympathize with our sorrow and our struggles and he made a way for us to be made right with our creator and enabled us to have a relationship with him.

Could this be any more exciting? Could there be any better reason to be full of joy? We received the greatest gift that was far better than anything we deserved. Jesus Christ brings joy to his people who are looking for the coming Savior and all of the benefits which he brings to them.

John 15:10-11 When you obey My commandments, you remain in My love, just as I obey My Father's commandments and remain in His love. 11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with My joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!

I am so thankful Lord that you adopted me into your family through the awesome sacrifice of Jesus. Help me to always be full of joy about what you did for me.