Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Journey To Bethlehem - His Birth Foretold

Is Jesus a “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” to you?


Isaiah 9:6-7  For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen!

God's children are in a dark time in their history. (2 Kings 15:29) God's punishment for their evil ways was not going to last forever.

A special child is on the way, a child that had some bold predictions made about him before he arrived. No other child had ever had so much anticipation or had such lofty claims made about him: 
  • What better Counselor could I ever need, he isn't God that never knew how I feel but he was also a man that experienced how it is to be human.
  • Mighty God, he is able to save and protect.
  • The Everlasting Father whose kingdom will never end.
  • The Prince of Peace will come to make things right between me and God.
The prophecy would be fulfilled in Jesus, out of the darkest times a deliverer would come, the Messiah would introduce his people to a new life full of light, joy, love and peace.

Psalms 86:10 For You are great and perform wonderful deeds. You alone are God.

Our God loves us and has taken care of my greatest need, something that I couldn't do for myself has been provided, he loves me and he wants to be there for me as my counselor and my protector.

Thank you Lord for your unchanging love and your desire to have a relationship with you. Thank you for being for me and for being my counselor and my protector.