Friday, July 02, 2010

Disciples Of Jesus Are Called To Give

Giving helps me to preach the gospel without using words.


 John 3:16  "For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus gave his all, literally, there was nothing that he held so tightly that he was not willing to give up for the advancement of the kingdom. He gave it all away his hands were wide open up until the day that they were nailed to the cross.

Just how much generosity do I have? How much am I willing to give so that Christ will be seen in my life? The less sacrifice attached to the message the less meaning it has to those that we are trying to reach.
"He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose" - Jim Elliot
The giving potential of a follower of Christ is rarely maximized, I am pretty sure that I can do more to help those that are in need so that they will have to say to themselves "Why does this guy keep on giving so much?"

Help me to share the good news Lord by giving sacrificially so that people will notice you in me.