Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Jesus Disciples Are Teachers

Without teachers we are one generation away from extinction.


Matthew 28:20  Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Titus 2:1, 15 As for you, Titus, promote the kind of living that reflects wholesome teaching. You must teach these things and encourage the believers to do them.

So you don't think that you are a teacher? Well there is a little bit of teacher in all of us. The truth is that we teach people everyday about what we believe by the way that we live, the more radical your obedience to God, the more your example will teach others to be.

A Marine trains for combat to respond like a combatant not a civilian and likewise a follower of Jesus must be taught how to be a disciple. Deliberate teaching is the only way that another disciple is going to be ready for the battle. How I fight the spiritual battles that I encounter will show if I was prepared or if I was lazy.

2 Timothy 2:2  You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.

I need to teach someone directly or through my lifestyle so that others will follow my example.

1 Timothy 4:6  If you explain these things to the brothers and sisters, Timothy, you will be a worthy servant of Christ Jesus, one who is nourished by the message of faith and the good teaching you have followed.

Help me to be a good example of the lifestyle that you want your disciples to live.