Monday, May 03, 2010

Lord

Who is in control? I hope it isn't you.


 A study into the many names of God.

 Philippians 2:8-11  He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. 9  Therefore, God elevated Him to the place of highest honor and gave Him the name above all other names, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Acts 2:36  "So let everyone in Israel know for certain that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, to be both Lord and Messiah!"


Romans 10:9  If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Lord - A master; a person possessing supreme power and authority; a ruler; a governor.

It is amazing that we call Jesus Lord yet when he came to earth he took on the role of a servant, he left the glory and riches of heaven, humbled himself and died as a criminal would on a cruel cross.

Paul says that because he did so much for us, God has given Jesus the place of highest honor, the only person that we should allow to control our life and the only person that is to be so highly honored that we would bow down. There is one person that has the right to be called Lord and have control of my life, that person is Jesus, he should be both "My Lord and my God" as Thomas called him (John 20:28). 

There are a lot of great people that have walked on this planet since the begining of time but not a one of them is worthy to be called Lord, I don't even have the right to think that highly of myself  and I certainly do not have the right to be in control of my own life.

Only you Lord are worthy of praise and are to be worshipped. I must always be sure to allow you to be in control of my life and to be the number one priority in life.