Thursday, May 06, 2010

Deny Yourself

Jesus calls us to say no to ourselves so we can say yes to him. 


 
 Mark 8:34  Then, calling the crowd to join His disciples, He said, "If any of you wants to be My follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow Me.

"Hello people, over here, I just want to let you know that this isn't going to be easy" Jesus called out to the crowds that were following him and he let them know what it would look like to REALLY follow him. This isn't going to be something that you can do as a part time venture, this isn't like following any other Rabbi.

Without Christ in our lives it is a very selfish agenda that we live by, we want it all and we want it now. Don't we deserve to get out fair share?

I am just one individual with a selfish agenda, my plan is very small, Gods plan for the world is way bigger, it is so big that there is no way for me to embrace my plan and his plans at the same time.

Lord help me to throw aside my agenda and be your servant, I want to be a part of your plans for your glory.