Monday, February 01, 2010

Hard Times

Every trial is an opportunity to see God at work.


Exodus 14:1-4  Then the Lord gave these instructions to Moses:

2 “Order the Israelites to turn back and camp by Pi-hahiroth between Migdol and the sea. Camp there along the shore, across from Baal-zephon.

3 Then Pharaoh will think, ‘The Israelites are confused. They are trapped in the wilderness!’ 4 And once again I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will chase after you.

I have planned this in order to display my glory through Pharaoh and his whole army. After this the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord!” So the Israelites camped there as they were told.

Things have been pretty rough for the nation of Israel, there has been hard times for them for a long time, now they must be saying to each other "here we go again."

It is difficult most of the time to see any good coming out of our trials, but the Lord has been telling Moses that all of the miracles that they had witnessed back in Egypt was so that everybody would see the glory of the Lord.

Every trial is an opportunity to see God at work. If everything was always peachy then we would never see the Lord at work, we may even tend to forget who he is, just like the nation of Israel did everytime they were prosperous.

I must remember that God's glory is magnified in the trials, I can see him at work in every difficult situation and I can use that opportunity to give him the praise that he deserves.

Thank you Lord for helping us through the hard times, I pray that I will see you at work through every circumstance and give you the glory.