Saturday, January 09, 2010

Be Nice

Jesus showed us how extreme we could go to be nice. 


Matthew 7:12  “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.

Sounds like a pretty simple rule, you probably don't need anybody to explain it to you, so why is it so hard to do?

I saw a bumper sticker not too long ago that asked the question:

"what if everybody were as nice as you are?"

Maybe that sticker should be placed on every motor vehicle on the road so that we would be reminded that we need to practice treating others better.

We usually prefer to get the best treatment and we usually think that we deserve it. the way we want to be treated, imagine how much safer the roads would be. That's exactly how we should be treating the people around us.

I am glad that the standard for love, kindness and how to treat others was set by Jesus and not by any of us. Even the nicest of us humans doesn't set a very high standard. We all fail to get rid of selfishness and treat our friends and enemies the way that Jesus forgave hos enemies.

Help me to be more like you as I deal with people around me, help me to show them Jesus.