Monday, November 02, 2009

Keep It Simple

Just the basics to help you get started.


1 Peter 2:15-17  It is God's will that your honorable lives should silence those ignorant people who make foolish accusations against you. For you are free, yet you are God's slaves, so don't use your freedom as an excuse to do evil. Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king.

Sometimes it is easy to think that the Bible is so big and so difficult, how can I possibly know how to live, but that is so far from the truth.

There are a lot of difficult passages but there are some basics that as a Christian I can know these precepts on how to live and I will be able to know how to live a life that is pleasing to God.
  • live a life of honor or high esteem
  • keep from evil
  • respect everyone
  • love your Christian brothers and sisters
  • fear God
  • respect the king
That sums up the way that a Christian should live. Maybe we make it more complex than this because we want to rationalize something that we want to get away with. Or maybe we make up more rules so that we can control others so they will please us.

I should live each day with these verses in my thoughts so that I will be able to please God in my everyday life.

Help us to keep it simple Lord. I pray that in my life and in my church that we will adhere to the basics and not get caught up in complex rules about how to live or how to do church.