Thursday, November 05, 2009

Everything You Do, Do For Him

I need to stay on God's path.


1 Peter 2:21  For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.

22  He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. 23  He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly. 24 He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.

25  Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls.

What a big challenge in today's lesson, it's not a news flash, everybody knows that sometimes doing good really hurts, and sometimes following Christ example isn't easy, but that is how we are supposed to live.

What an example, he didn't sin, retaliate or seek revenge even when he was faced with trials far beyond what I will ever see. How many times have I acted out when I was wronged or told a lie to try to make things turn in my favor?

Instead of getting ugly, he put his faith in God, Jesus kept on going on the mission that he was sent here to accomplish. We committed everything that he had to that mission and trusted God to help him get the job done.

Psalms 37:5-6  Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.

To keep from wasting my life away I need to commit everything that I do to the Lord. How productive would my life be for things that really matter if I committed everything I do to the Lord? Most of us are living for self and are not doing much that really matters for the kingdom, we are following after our own desires and not accomplishing a fraction of what God wants to do through us if we could get to the point of committing everything that we do to him.

Isaiah 53:6  All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the sins of us all.

Thank you Lord for being my Shepherd and Guardian of my soul, I pray that I will follow the paths that the Shepherd is leading me on and that I won't waste a moment of my life but that I will commit everything that I do to you.