Sunday, July 19, 2009

Don't Get Upset

scripture

John 14:1 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

5 “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”

observation

Hard times are coming but its ok, don’t let it upset you, hard times are something that you can count on in this life.

Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life," new life that is, free of the hard times and struggles that we must endure on this planet. Freedom from pain and tears a place where there won't be any evil, selfishness or greed.

Do you know the one that can give you this wonderful, eternal life? He is the only way to get there, the way to the Father is through Jesus Christ and no other way. My good works and endurance in these struggles on planet Earth will never be good enough to get me to eternal life with the Father.


application

It is really easy to get upset about the trouble that we must go through on this planet and we can forget that this is a temporary assignment. I know the way to the Father where all these problems will be gone. I need to share the good news with someone that needs the hope that God's children have.


prayer

Help me to spread the good news and to always keep my eyes on the eternal where we will be free of pain and sorrow.