Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We All Need A Savior

SCRIPTURE


Genesis 42:21 And they said to one another, Truly, we did wrong to our brother, for we saw his grief of mind, and we did not give ear to his prayers; that is why this trouble has come on us. 22 And Reuben said to them, Did I not say to you, Do the child no wrong? but you gave no attention; so now, punishment has come on us for his blood.

Genesis 45:4 Then Joseph said to his brothers, Come near to me. And they came near, And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom you sent into Egypt. 5 Now do not be troubled or angry with yourselves for sending me away, because God sent me before you to be the saviour of your lives. 6 For these two years have been years of need, and there are still five more years to come in which there will be no ploughing or cutting of grain. 7 God sent me before you to keep you and yours living on earth so that you might become a great nation. 8 So now it was not you who sent me here, but God: and he has made me as a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and ruler over all the land of Egypt.

OBSERVATION

“for we saw his grief of mind, and we did not give ear to his prayers”
I noticed for the first time today the fact that Joseph was taken away by force and that it was a violent scene full of terror for Joseph.

“because God sent me before you to be the savior of your lives.”
Does this sound familiar? He was being forcibly turned over to strangers for money and he was being separated from his father.

APPLICATION

I will remember this picture of my Savior from the Old Testament and I will keep in mind what he has done to bless me.

PRAYER

Thank you Jesus for being my Savior, the only way that I can have life eternally.