Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Don't Forget To Appreciate.

SCRIPTURE


Genesis 8:15 Then God said to Noah, 16 “Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives. 20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. 21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

Genesis 9:12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

OBSERVATION

It’s a shame that the rainbow has become a symbol of the homosexuals, just another of their perversions of something that God gave to his children.

Noah was told by God to get into the ark and he waited until God told him to get off the ark, he was always obedient.

Noah was also thankful and he couldn’t wait to worship God for his salvation. Oh how slow we are to be thankful for the devastation that we have been saved from and to worship our savior who provided our way of escape.

APPLICATION

I need to be more aware of the salvation gift that God has freely given to me. He is my ark of protection for this life and for eternity and I need to be thankful all the time. I have truly been blessed and it should show everyday.

PRAYER

Thank you Lord for your protecting love for me, may I always show my appreciation.