Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Ark Full Of Grace

SCRIPTURE

Genesis 6:5-13 And the Lord saw that the sin of man was great on the earth, and that all the thoughts of his heart were evil.

6 And the Lord had sorrow because he had made man on the earth, and grief was in his heart. 7 And the Lord said, I will take away man, whom I have made, from the face of the earth, even man and beast and that which goes on the earth and every bird of the air; for I have sorrow for having made them.

8 But Noah had grace in the eyes of God.

9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was an upright man and without sin in his generation: he went in the ways of God. 10 And Noah had three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 And the earth was evil in God's eyes and full of violent ways. 12 And God, looking on the earth, saw that it was evil: for the way of all flesh had become evil on the earth.

13 And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh has come; the earth is full of their violent doings, and now I will put an end to them with the earth.

OBSERVATION

This scripture always makes me wonder how bad the people had gotten that God decided to do away with them and start over.

Next thing I wonder is this, the Bible says that Noah lived for God but how did his wife or sons live or the son’s wives?

We have already learned that God is love and now we learn that God is righteous and just. God will not tolerate evil and he tells us not to tolerate it either but to overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:21 says: Do not let evil overcome you, but overcome evil by good.

The next thing that I learn about God is that he is full of grace. Noah and his family were saved by God’s grace and that’s the only way that we will be saved from our sins as well.


The grace of that ark with all it's protection and provisions that they needed was sufficient to save. What a picture of God’s grace through Jesus Christ our provision and protection today and for eternity.

2 Corinthians 12:9 says: My grace is enough for you, for my power is made complete in what is feeble.

APPLICATION

I know that my God will save me like he said he would, he has saved before and he will save again. I want to be a righteous man like Noah was, full of faith despite how bizarre it is to build a huge boat nowhere close to water.

PRAYER

Thank you for your grace which sustains me in this evil world. I pray for the upcoming elections, that we will have a pro-life president. Please forgive us for straying away from you.