Sunday, September 21, 2008

Romans 1-8 In Review

When I finished the book of Acts I almost didn't start the book of Romans, I was tempted to jump to another book.

I am glad I didn't it's been fun.

Here is a basic outline of what I have learned in Romans so far:
  • God has something against me.
  • The law proved that God really does have something against me.
  • We need to be made right with Him.
  • The way to be made right with God is through faith, just like Abraham was.
  • Now that you are right with God you will have peace and joy.
  • You also have become a friend of God and a part of the family.
  • Because of this we can say that we have a new life.
  • We are alive in Christ but struggling to become more like Christ.
  • It is a struggle to live the new life but we have the power through the Holy Spirit to be more than conquerors.